About the business
COVA is a privately owned advisory, engineering and management firm specialising in Bulk Materials Handling, Organic Waste Treatment Facilities, Minerals Processing, Food and Beverage and logistics. Thanks to recent engagements in the Bulk Materials Handling market, we are looking for suitably skilled personnel to join our dynamic and skilled team, to deliver a range of large conveyor and machine projects throughout Australia and Asia. We encourage you to learn more about COVA at our website.
About the role
We would like to invest in a Senior Structural Engineer (5+ years’ experience) to join our Industrial and Process team, delivering superior design solutions.Â Collaboration and communication are key to our culture, and we value interpersonal skills and teamwork as highly as we do attention to detail and an ability to meet demanding deadlines.
You’ll also possess â€“ and be able to demonstrate – these specific skills:
- Ability to liaise with other Engineers and Draftsmen
- Complete structural designs independently for a range of structures
- Review and oversee designs by others
- Coordinate and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team
- Review drawings
- Ensure work is completed within allocated budgets and to the required quality standards
- Be proficient in the use of Space Gass for structural analysis
- Participate in Safety in Design risk assessments
- Ensure adherence to the COVA IMS
- CPEng status, or demonstrate the ability to obtain this status in order to achieve certification for sign-off on designs throughout Australia
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
Benefits and perks
It is anticipated this position will transition into a senior leadership role for the right candidate, managing all aspects of the NSW Building & Property Team at COVA. This is the perfect position for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
COVA offer a package of generous and innovative benefits, flexible work arrangements and a positive work environment. We are committed to ensuring our employees are exposed to interesting, challenging work, supported by extensive ongoing learning and development. Our network spans Australia and Asia, with a diverse and growing client base. For you, this could mean an opportunity to accelerate your career, extend your skills and experience, and contribute to significant, complex projects across the Australasian region.
We invite you to become part of a team that’s ‘Stronger Together’
Skills and experience
It’s likely your background will include:
- 5 years + experience in a multi-disciplinary design / drafting function
- Experience with a range of Industrial Projects
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in structural engineer
- Experience with FEA software such as SolidWorks and/or Inventor
If youâ€™re interested in this role, please contact us at Careers@covathinking.com