About the business
COVA is a privately owned advisory, engineering and management firm specialising in Bulk Materials Handling, Organic Waste Treatment Facilities, Minerals Processing and logistics. Thanks to recent engagements in the Bulk Materials Handling and Organics markets, we are looking for suitably skilled personnel to join our dynamic and skilled team, to deliver a range of organic and large conveyor and machine projects throughout Australia and Asia.
We encourage you to learn more about COVA at our website.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer (10+ years experience) to join our Industrial and Process team in Melbourne, working across a mix of industrial projects. Collaboration and communication are key to our culture, and we value interpersonal skills and teamwork as highly as we do attention to detail and an ability to meet demanding deadlines.
You’ll also possess – and be able to demonstrate – these specific skills:
- Project documentation as required
- Stakeholder identification, engagement and consultation
- Generation of functional descriptions
- Input into scope
- Concept and concept review
- Support for tenders
- Procurement activities
- Co-ordination of suppliers
- Factory acceptance testing activities
- Contract administration
- Site supervision
- Lead Safety in Design legislative requirements
- Proven experience with multi-discipline projects
- Effectively manage your time to deliver projects on time and on budget
- The ability to successfully manage design teams to deliver projects on time and on budget
- The ability to identify project risks and manage them effectively
It’s likely your background will include:
- 10 years + experience in a mechanical design role
- Experience with industrial engineering projects
- Detailed understanding of conveyor systems & bulk material handling equipment
- Ability to produce tender and construction issue designs
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Have or be working towards Charted Engineering Status
- Experience Commissioning plant
Benefits & perks
COVA offer a package of generous and innovative benefits, flexible work arrangements and a positive work environment. We are committed to ensuring our employees are exposed to interesting, challenging work, supported by extensive ongoing learning and development. Our network spans Australia and Asia, with a diverse and growing client base. For you, this could mean an opportunity to accelerate your career, extend your skills and experience, and contribute to significant, complex projects across the Australasian region.
We invite you to become part of a team that’s ‘Stronger Together’.