- Long established Australian owned business, entering high growth phase
- Flexible work environment and generous employee benefits
- New role – Adding to small but powerful Finance and Admin team
COVA are looking for a high performing candidate to join our Melbourne based team. Offering FT or PT(0.8) options, and salary aligned with experience.
About the business
COVA is a privately owned advisory, engineering and project management company with a long history of providing engineering solutions to both the building / property sector, and industrial processes sector. Since 2018 we have expanded our business across Asia Pacific, incorporating entities in Cambodia, Singapore and more recently New Zealand.
This expansion, together with recently being awarded several large-scale projects in the Bulk Materials and Organic Waste markets, has driven the need for a Senior Financial Accountant to join our existing finance team.
We encourage you to learn more about COVA at our website.
About the role
The successful candidate for this newly created role will be a ‘right hand’ to the Finance Manager and work closely with the existing Accountant, AP/AR Officer and our Project Admin team.
You can expect a collaborative work environment with shared responsibilities and exposure to a wide range of accounting areas – financial, management, project/construction, tax – then add international reporting requirements and global consolidations for good measure.
As part of this hands-on role, the successful candidate should be prepared to:
- Drive the annual budget preparation process;
- Implement and prepare quarterly rolling forecasts;
- Produce/Review monthly management accounts and assist with Board reports;
- Assume full financial responsibility of smaller subsidiaries in the group, which will include Australian, Singaporean and New Zealand based companies;
- Collate, analyse and report monthly financial and non-financial metrics;
- Assist the Finance Manager in cash flow forecasting, WIP management and project reconciliations;
- Work closely with Project Managers, Project Administrators and Contract Administrators on large-scale projects, ensuring validity of financial data and project forecasts, whilst also being able to detect risks and value add to the project team;
- Produce/Review workpapers for lodgement of FBT, ITR (including R&D), TPAR and WHT obligations to the ATO and like international tax bodies;
- Assist with annual insurance renewals and ad hoc needs throughout the year;
- Assist with company secretarial and shareholder transaction matters;
- Manage general IT issues and liaise with external provider;
- Be involved in future Finance/Project IT software upgrades/implementations (e.g. data integrity, testing, implementation assistance);
Required skills and traits you possess are:
- CAANZ / CPA qualified;
- 8+ years’ experience with a minimum of 4 years in a mid-tier (or a reasonably-sized small) chartered firm (a background in either audit or tax is acceptable);
- At least 3 years work experience in Australia;
- Strong financial reporting skills and good knowledge of the Australian taxation system;
- Proficient in use of excel (i.e. upper-intermediate level);
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think for one’s self and solve problems;
- Hands on approach and can-do attitude;
- Outcome focussed;
- Ability to prioritise and time manage;
- Ethical, trustworthy, reliable and friendly.
Highly desirable skills and traits which will boost your application ahead of other candidates are:
- Experience in the building and construction industry;
- Higher than intermediate excel skills (e.g. Macros, VBA etc);
- Experience / involvement in software implementation projects;
- Knowledge of Singapore financial reporting and taxation requirements;
- Knowledge of New Zealand financial reporting and taxation requirements.
Benefits and perks
COVA offer a package of generous and innovative benefits, including but not limited to:
- Flexible work arrangements and work-from-home support;
- Paid salary continuance insurance;
- Paid maternity leave;
- Employee social club, managed by your peers;
- Complimentary access to a gym, sauna and pool at our Collins St office;
- A ‘work hard’ but ‘have fun’ team environment.
How to apply
Apply for the Senior Financial Accountant position at COVA via Seek. To ensure your application is considered, you must attach a current CV and include a tailored cover letter which:
- Specifically addresses how your skills and traits meet the requirements of this position;
- Explains why you want to work for COVA;
- States your required notice period at your current employment (if applicable); and
- Makes your application stand out from the crowd!
We invite you to become part of a team that’s ‘Stronger Together’.