Who Are We?
COVA is a privately owned advisory, engineering and management firm specialising in Bulk Materials Handling, Organic Waste Treatment Facilities, Minerals Processing, Food and Beverage and logistics. Thanks to recent engagements in the Bulk Materials Handling market, we are looking for suitably skilled personnel to join our dynamic and skilled team, to deliver a range of large conveyor and machine projects throughout Australia and Asia. We encourage you to learn more about COVA at our website.
What weâ€™re looking for
We would like to invest in an experienced automation/controls engineer (10+ years experience) to join our Industrial and Process team in Melbourne, delivering superior design solutions. Collaboration and communication are key to our culture, and we value interpersonal skills and teamwork as highly as we do attention to detail and an ability to meet demanding deadlines.
It is expected that engineers at this level perform duties requiring the application of mature professional knowledge. Work is carried out within broad guidelines requiring conformity with overall objectives, relative priorities and necessary cooperation with other parts of the business.
You’ll also possess â€“ and be able to demonstrate – these specific skills:
- Manage and lead a small team of experienced automation/controls engineers
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Stakeholder identification, engagement, consultation and coordination
- Commercial management of projects
- Implement and maintain WHS legislative requirements, including Safety in Design
- Project documentation including functional descriptions, scope definition, concept and design
- Installation activities including FAT and contract administration
- Implement risk management principles and activities appropriate to the project
- Provide technical leadership at a State and National level with the development and maintenance of consistent technical standards, specifications and design software
- Work with the company leadership team to frame future market and growth strategies
What’s in it for you?
COVA offer a package of generous and innovative benefits, flexible work arrangements and a positive work environment. We are committed to ensuring our employees are exposed to interesting, challenging work, supported by extensive ongoing learning and development. Our network spans Australia and Asia, with a diverse and growing client base. For you, this could mean an opportunity to accelerate your career, extend your skills and experience, and contribute to significant, complex projects across the Australasian region.
We invite you to become part of a team that’s ‘Stronger Together’
Skills and experience
It’s likely your background will include:
- 10 years + experience in design and management of projects at a senior level
- Experience in PLC and SCADA (including HMI) development and implementation
- Relevant degree qualification e.g. Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent experience (satisfies Professional Body requirements for full membership of Engineers Australia)
- Experience in use and application of Australian Standards
- Australian citizenship (or permanent residency)
- LV power supply and controls design experience
Highly desirable skills include:
- Experience in Rockwell and Siemens PLC software development and implementation
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in electrical or mechatronics engineering
- Other professional body memberships (eg: RPEQ)
- Background in electrical design for a minimum of 5 years
- Experience in HV infrastructure and reticulation design
If youâ€™re interested in this role, please contact us at Careers@covathinking.com