About the role
Collaboration and communication are key to our culture, and we value interpersonal skills and teamwork as highly as we do attention to detail and an ability to meet demanding deadlines.
You’ll also possess – and be able to demonstrate – these specific skills:
• Develop and manage design delivery model and work packages to ensure design package delivery in accordance with the schedule.
- Develop Plant Break Down structure.
- Limit of Scope and Supply (Interfaces)
- Division of Responsibility between design packages.Establish Design Baseline plan.
- Manage Master Deliverable List.
• Responsible for technical clarifications
• The Design Manager will be responsible in developing and delivery of a project’s Design Base. This will include:
- Full understanding of the project stake holders’ requirements baseline report. (To ensure compliance with the clients Scope and Specification and identify where deviation occurs or is required.)
- Project Concept Design Base Line.
- Design Baseline report.
- Applicable Design Standards
- Deliver on the Design Phase Specific Deliverables and Base Line Reports.
- Establish and manage concept design freeze, process design freeze, system package design freeze throughout the project life cycle stages.
- Manage overall SiD process outcomes
• Tendering and appointment of external design sub-contractors.
• Maintain project design change management system
• Manage Formal Design Review at each design stage and Implement Interim Design Reviews
• Maintain Design Risk Report
• Implement Maintainability and Operability Assessments.
• Manage Vendor Data Incorporation and Validations.
About the Business
COVA Group is a privately owned multinational advisory, engineering and management firm specialising in heavy industrial EPC, building services, quantity surveying and project & construction management.
Thanks to recent contract wins and future pipeline of work, we are looking for suitably skilled personnel to join our dynamic and skilled team, to deliver a range of organic and large conveyor and machine projects throughout Australia and Asia.
We encourage you to learn more about COVA at our website.
Benefits and Perks
COVA offer a package of generous and innovative benefits, flexible work arrangements and a positive work environment. We are committed to ensuring our employees are exposed to interesting, challenging work, supported by extensive ongoing learning and development. Our network spans Australia and Asia, with a diverse and growing client base. For you, this could mean an opportunity to accelerate your career, extend your skills and experience, and contribute to significant, complex projects across the Australasian region.
We invite you to become part of a team that’s ‘Stronger Together’
Skills and experience
It’s likely your background will include:
- Relevant Engineering degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a relevant industry and discipline
- Knowledge of design management processes, means and methods
- Strong understanding of programme management, deadlines, and budget controls
- Experience with a construction and engineering collaboration software systems such as Aconex or SmartPlant.
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You may also have:
- Ability to travel intra and interstate
- Understanding of Australian suite of contracts
Key selling points
- Opportunity to work on large scale industry leading projects
- Be part of a growing high performance project team
- Flexible working arrangements
For more information or to apply please send us your CV to: