Job Title: Bid Coordinator
Reporting to: Revenue Leader & Client Relations Executive
Key Relationships: Business Development Team & State Team Leaders
Office Base: Sydney, NSW
- Long established Australian owned business, entering high growth phase
- Flexible work environment & generous employee benefits
- New role – Adding to small but capable Business Development Team
COVA are looking for a high performing candidate to join our Business Development Team, to assist with all aspects of Bid Preparation and Management.
Part-time or full-time options available.
Salary aligned with experience and capabilities.
About the business
COVA is a privately owned advisory, engineering, & management company with a long history of providing innovative engineering solutions to the Building & Property and Industrial & Processes (including Bulk Materials & Organic Waste) Market Sectors. Since 2018 we have expanded our business across Asia Pacific, incorporating entities in Cambodia, Singapore & most recently New Zealand. This expansion, together with recently being awarded several large-scale projects, has driven the need for a Bid Coordinator, to join our team.
We encourage you to learn more about COVA at our website.
About the role
The successful candidate for this newly created role will be responsible for receiving and tracking bid requests, assisting in preparation of (coordinating the preparation of) bid submissions, tracking and follow up on completed submissions, and maintaining records of bid submissions and project history for efficient future use. The role will also include assisting the Client Relations Executive in managing the social media content, capability statements and other general marketing material.
This is a newly created position for COVA. Bid submissions have traditionally been prepared at the local office level, with local admin staff collaborating with relevant engineers, managers and other technical staff to prepare the submission. We believe having a role dedicated to this function will result in higher quality bid development.
The focus of the role will initially be establishing a framework for bid request receipt, preparation and tracking, assisting prepare bid submissions (with technical and financial aspects by National Bid Manager and National Principals), as well as developing supplementary materials including marketing & communications info, templates, project history data and responses to commonly asked tender questions.
It is anticipated that the role would expand into more comprehensive development of bids including “Appreciation of the Project”, Project Programs, Scope of Works and eventually Financial Portions. As such, experience in the Engineering and Construction industry, whilst not mandatory, will be very beneficial.
As part of this hands-on role, the successful candidate should be prepared to:
- Track receipt of bid requests and opportunities (including via various online portals e.g. TenderLink) and associated briefing documents, addendums etc. and coordinate development of submissions in line with specified deadlines.
- For each bid request, establish what input is required from key stakeholders, and collaborate with the greater team to produce thorough, well-considered submissions including:
- Directly writing sections of the response where possible
- Liaising with internal stakeholders for their technical input
- Gathering copies of policies, insurances, prequalification’s, and other relevant documents.
- Track submissions completed for scheduled follow up.
- Maintain records of completed submissions for efficient preparation of future relevant submissions.
- Maintain records of completed projects including site address, construction budget, photos, COVA’s scope of work, references etc. for inclusion in future submissions. In same cases this will extend to preparation of Project Case Studies for key projects.
- Assist with preparing and tailoring key staff CVs for inclusion in submissions.
- Assist the Client Relations Executive with managing the social media content e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, website etc.
- Liaise with external agencies, industry bodies & other stakeholders as required.
Depending on the candidate’s skills there are opportunities to contribute to the wider Business Development & Marketing team. Please note any additional areas of interest & experience that you would like to utilise in this role.
Required skills & traits you possess are:
- Experience in bid writing & tender responses
- Experience is desirable with InDesign
- Highly competent in MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience in Photography, Digital Media and social media is beneficial but not essential
- Qualifications in Marketing/Communications, Business Administration or similar
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise, organise and multi-task whilst working autonomously.
Benefits & perks
COVA offer a package of generous & innovative benefits, including but not limited to:
- Flexible work arrangements & work-from-home support
- Paid salary continuance insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Employee social club, managed by your peers
- A ‘work hard’ but ‘have fun’ team environment
- Great North Sydney location
- A supportive office culture & learning environment
How to apply
Apply for the Bid Coordinator position at COVA, via Seek.
To ensure your application is considered, you must attach a current CV & include a tailored cover letter which:
- Specifically addresses how your skills & traits meet the requirements of this position
- Explains why you want to work for COVA
- States your required notice period at your current employment (if applicable) &
- Make your application stand out from the crowd!
We invite you to become part of a team that’s ‘Stronger Together’.